Steal the limelight
Regional Stage Programs Guidelines
Stage Time allocation
Total time for each region will be decided based on the number of retreat registrations (not headcount) from that region as of April 14, 2017. Any retreat registration received after that date will not count towards the time allocation for the region. The total time for every region will be communicated to the corresponding Regional Representative by April 21, 2017. If you want to perform in the retreat, please contact your Regional Representative. Each Regional Representative will be responsible for making sure all programs from that region fit into the regional time allocated.
For programs that involve participants from multiple regions, we will split the program time equally by number of regions involved and deduct it from each region’s available time. For example, if there is a 5 minute program by 3 participants from Texas and 2 from Florida, we will deduct 2.5 min from each of the two regions’ Total Program Time.
MC, Setup and Teardown
Seattle nagarathars (host) will be responsible for MC for all the programs. Please provide a summary of your program during submission time so that we can weave in your program details with our main theme. The Program Time should include the time needed for program introduction (MC), performance time and transition time (audio, video, stage and props setup, cleanup). Please assume 1 minute for MC program introduction. For short dances, singing programs etc., assume 1 minute for transition time - stage setup and cleanup. As a note, programs involving extensive live audio (microphone) setup, eg. dramas and live orchestration, could require considerable amount of time for setup and transition. If you are planning for such programs, please account for the setup and cleanup time appropriately.
|April 14, 2017||Retreat Registrations made by this day will count towards total stage time for your region|
|April 21, 2017||Total time for each region will be communicated to corresponding Regional Representatives|
|April 22, 2017||Date from which program registrations by Regional Representatives will be accepted|
|May 7, 2017||Last day to submit details of programs from your region (we WILL NOT make any time addition/adjustments for programs registered after this date)|
|May 14, 2017||Last day to upload Audio, Video, Presentation and to let us know details about Props, Stage Requirements and other needs|
|June 12, 2017||Region-specific program schedules will be communicated|
- If multiple groups request for same track, priority will be given on a first come first served basis. We will work with the other groups and encourage them to choose a different track thereby offering variety and keeping audience engaged.
- It is recommended that performances are in groups of 4 or more participants with an objective to get maximum participation. Solo performances will not be encouraged
- Due to safety concerns, only participants aged 5 or above are recommended
- Please do not use inappropriate language, gestures, costumes in your program
- Any content that insults/offends other communities, languages, religions or races is strictly prohibited
- We encourage participants to come up with programs tied to our retreat theme - பாரம்பரியத்தை அகழ்ந்தெடுப்போம் (Let's revitalize our generation)
- We appreciate Nagarathars' immense contribution to the Tamil language and culture. Hence, we would really appreciate if all the regions consider staging programs in தமிழ்
- We recommend that you use audio files for all the programs including Dance, Drama and other programs
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org